Thursday, May 8, 2014

Recipe: Warm Cauliflower and Herbed Barley Salad


Warm Cauliflower and Herbed Barley Salad
Bon Appetit Magazine, March 2013, p. 44

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this recipe but blog contributor the grandcruman was open to trying it, so I was in.  And, I LOVED IT.

Here is the ingredient list, and you have to admit, it doesn't sound like it'd taste great:  barley, cauliflower, beans, salt & pepper, lemon juice and zest, mayo, Dijon-mustard, olive oil, parsley and tarragon.

As we try to eat more of a plant-based diet, this recipe is a keeper.  Filling and flavorful.  (I'm actually craving it right now as I write.)  It's also a quick weekday recipe since it only took about 20 min to make.

Tips:

  • Used farro instead of pearled barley (since we had farro in the house)
  • Used cannellini beans instead of gigante, corona or butter beans
  • Didn't need to use all of the dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment