Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Recipe: Farro and Green Olive Salad with Walnuts and Raisins


Farro and Green Olive Salad with Walnuts and Raisins
Food and Wine Magazine, Dec 2013, p.150
My rating:  5 stars!

I'm digging this plant-based diet, although as you can see from the attached photo, this one has meat(!) in it.

This recipe was the salad of the month in Food and Wine Magazine's Dec 2013 issue.  I don't know if I'd consider it a salad, per se.  (When I think of salads, I think lots and lots of vegetables.)  For us, this was a main entree, and I was full after eating this hearty dish.

Ingredients include:  farro, walnuts, green olives, scallions, raisins, cheese, chives, red pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, honey.

Tips:

  • Omitted the chives since we didn't have any handy
  • Used regular raisins instead of golden raisins
  • Shaved Manchego cheese on top instead of Pecorino cheese
  • Added cucumbers
  • Added ground lamb
  • Need to whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and red pepper together and then dress the dish


No comments:

Post a Comment