Sunday, May 4, 2014

Drink Recipe: Chocolate Bulleit - Revised


This is admittedly not the best drink photo -- I was halfway through the drink before I thought about writing about this.  

I was craving a drink with bourbon perhaps influenced by the Kentucky Derby being on TV, yet didn't want a Mint Julep.

I had just used part of an orange for another recipe and decided to make my own version of the Chocolate Bulleit cocktail, but using different proportions of ingredients since that drink is a bit too strong for me.

The Bistro 31 Chocolate Bulleit recipe is as follows:
  • 1 oz Bulleit Bourbon
  • 1 oz Licor 43
  • Squeeze of orange juice
  • 6 dashes of Aztec Chocolate Bitters
  • Garnished with a fresh orange slice

My "revised recipe" that is a little sweeter:
  • 1 oz Maker's Mark (we were out of Bulleit Bourbon)
  • 1/2 oz Licor 43
  • Juice of a whole orange
  • 3 dashes of Aztec Chocolate Bitters

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment