What to do with extra buttermilk we had in the fridge? I hate waste.
Fortunately, I saw the Jumbo Pancetta, Thyme and Gruyere Muffins recipe in Food and Wine Magazine (April 2014, p. 55) and made these this past weekend.
Warning: They're addictive.
I'm definitely making these again.
- We made half the recipe which filled 8 regular muffin cups (I don't have a jumbo muffin pan)
- Used finely diced prosciutto instead of pancetta
- Used dried thyme instead of fresh
- The batter was thick (thicker than I thought it'd be)
- It only took 27 min to bake, not 30