Mushroom-Thyme Pot Pies
Bon Appetit Magazine, Nov 2017, p.114
Delicious umami-laden vegetarian pie for mushroom lovers.
Perfect with a glass of red wine.
- Made 1 large pie vs. 8 small pies in ramekins
- Dough was a little chewy and is the only pie crust that I've ever made that has egg in it; will use the Thomas Keller Chicken Pot Pie crust recipe next time
- Onion only need 8 min to soften instead of 10-12 min
- Button mushrooms needed only 8 min instead of 12-15 min
- 1 hour was not needed to reduce the broth
- Didn't discard the solids -- we like texture! The mushrooms were fine. Didn't need to make the 'gravy' as a result
- Since it was 1 large pie, baked it for 40-45 min