Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cherry Bourbon Cocktail


I've been into bourbon for a little while now and was craving a bourbon-cherry type drink the other night.  I really wanted to use some of the all natural Chukar maraschino cherries (they're amazing) our friends gave us, so I searched for "bourbon cherry" online and scanned through some recipes.  Here's the concoction that I created that is my new go-to drink:

  • 1.5 oz of bourbon (we use Bulleit brand)
  • 4 or 5 Chukar maraschino cherries
  • 2.5 tbsp. of Chukar maraschino cherry syrup/juice
  • Splash of tonic
  • Splash of club soda (so the drink isn't super sweet)
  • Squeeze of lime

I've seen some other recipes that mix cherry/bourbon/lime/ginger and cherry/bourbon/triple sec/cream, so I'll be experimenting some new recipes tonight. 

Happy 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment