Saturday, June 14, 2014

Recipe: Potato Gnocchi with Mushroom Ragu

I really need to take better photos of our food!
Problem is that I don't have time to
compose the dish before digging in.

Potato Gnocchi with Mushroom Ragu
Food and Wine Magazine, Oct 2013, p. 76
5 stars!

SUCCESS!!!!!
After a couple of gnocchi fails -- making spinach gnocchi and ricotta gnocchi, we finally made a classic potato gnocchi, and it was absolutely delicious!!!!

We did half of the recipe (just in case the recipe was a dud); it made 3-4 servings.

It wasn't hard to make at all, and I can't wait to make it again!  Really flavor and a light, pillow-y texture.  Yummmmmm.

Finally, a more complex Food and Wine Magazine recipe that worked.

One tip:  I may add a pit more flour next time.  At the point where I rolled out the gnocchi, it was a little bit too soft/wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment