Bon Appetit, Jun 2013, p. 42
Why oh why did I not take a photo of this? It was lovely in both appearance and taste and extremely easy to make!
Note: We didn't use cherries, just plums for this appetizer, and it turned out great.
The recipe is basically this:
- Toast a baguette and slice it to 1/2" thick
- Drizzle the toast with oil
- Spread a ricotta and sugar mixture on top
- Top it with the fruit (which is macerated in oil, salt and vanilla for 10-15 min)
- Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt
Perfect for a summer gathering.