Saturday, June 21, 2014

Recipe: Maple-Bourbon Banana Pudding Cake


Maple-Bourbon Banana Pudding Cake
Food and Wine Magazine, Oct 2013, p. 110

I wanted, no, I NEEDED dessert one day this past week, but we had nothing in the house.  (Gingerbread M&M's don't count.)

I remembered seeing this recipe recently in my recipe folder.  Woohoo -- we had all the ingredients, and it was a "one-pot" recipe!

I whipped this up (1/2 the recipe) in about 7 minutes, and 35 min later, we had a delicious bourbon-y dessert;  even more bourbon-y with the strong bourbon whipped cream we made.

Ingredients:  butter, sugar, an overripe banana, egg, whole milk, flour, maple syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, pecans, baking powder and salt.

Not a beautiful dessert, but it was exactly what I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment