Saturday, June 28, 2014

Recipe: Luau Salad


As part of my job, I read a lot about restaurants and food, and I've signed up for over 20 restaurant e-mail clubs.  Last week, The Cheesecake Factory sent an e-mail newsletter with a link to their Luau Salad recipe.

I'm not a huge fan of their restaurant, but their Luau Salad is pretty good.

We made it last weekend, and it turned out GREAT -- and I'm sure much healthier than the version that they serve in the restaurant.

The main salad ingredients include:
  • Red bell pepper
  • Yellow bell pepper
  • Cucumber
  • Green beans
  • Green onions
  • Mixed greens
  • Red onion
  • Mango
  • Carrots
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Sesame seeds

See. . .  healthy!

Now for the "unhealthy" ingredients:
  • Grilled chicken (optional)
  • Fried eggroll wrappers (optional)

For the dressing, I didn't make it to the exact specs of the recipe -- it called for way too much sugar!  I made it with:
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Splash of balsamic vinegar
  • Splash of sesame oil
  • Splash of seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1/2 Tbsp of sugar
  • Salt & pepper

This plant-based diet (well, semi-plant based diet) isn't so bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment