Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Recipe: Pizzettes

 

Bon Appetit Magazine, Dec 2020/Jan 2021, p. 96
4.7 stars

The photo in the magazine looked amazing, but I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out. They were so delicious and turned out like the photo! As I'm typing this, I'm thinking I need to get a pizzette (not to be confused with pizzelles) right now to have with my coffee. The soft brownie-like texture with the glaze on top, along with the winter spices, citrus and texture of the almonds makes this a new winter cookie favorite for me. I love that this cookie isn't too sweet either.

Cookie Ingredients: raw skin-on almonds, flour, baking powder, Kosher salt, unsalted butter, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, sugar, Dutch-process cocoa powder, egg, egg yolk, bittersweet chocolate chips, lemon zest, orange zest

Glaze Ingredients: bittersweet chocolate, powdered sugar, unsalted butter, Kosher salt

Tips:
  • For our oven, we baked these for approx. 11 minutes (5 min + 6 min)
  • Because the cookies were on the softer side, we didn't dip them into the glaze but instead, poured the glaze on top
(Find recipe under: Dessert - Pretzel and Potato Chip Moon Pies)

No comments:

Post a Comment