Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Taco Bell's Doritos Locos Tacos

Update 4/25/2012

I promised I'd report back on Doritos Locos Tacos after I tried them.  Well, I tried one and it was mediocre.  The taco shell was regular nacho cheese radioactive orange and had the powdered cheese dust taste. . . I mean, it's Doritos!  It didn't, however, add anything to the taco except saltiness.  Even without using the 3 packets of hot sauce that I usually use per taco, I couldn't taste the nacho cheese from the shell.  I just tasted salt.

Apparently, this new innovation has been "enormously successful" according to the company's CFO, and sales rose 6% in the first quarter.

I think I'll stick with my emergency lunch of Taco Bell 150 calorie Fresca Tacos.





----------------------------------------------------------------------




It's the day we've all been waiting for.  Just kidding.

Tomorrow, March 8th, Taco Bell is debuting their Doritos Locos Tacos nationwide.  The company has partnered with Frito-Lay in reinventing the taco (the taco shell is made of Nacho Cheese Doritos) and believe this will boost their "lingering sales."

I'll try it and will report back. . . .

http://www.tacobell.com/doritoslocostacos

No comments:

Post a Comment