Sunday, July 5, 2015

Recipe: Warm Tofu with Soy-Ginger Sauce




Warm Tofu with Soy-Ginger Sauce
Food and Wine Magazine, April 2015, p. 63
5 stars

When we make spring rolls or gyoza (dumplings) or have sushi for dinner, I often think we need a side dish other than edamame.  So, when I saw this recipe, I had to try it.  This recipe is a keeper!

It calls for just 8 ingredients:  tofu, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, salt, scallions, sesame seeds, togarashi

Tips:
  • I think soft tofu (instead of firm) would work better.  Once I try it, I'll update this blog post.
  • Even though the soy sauce is salty, this did need a little bit of salt.  Try it without salt first and add to taste.
  • Used regular sesame oil (not toasted).
  • Found togarashi in the bulk section of our grocery store.  It's a Japanese spice mixture made of 7 ingredients.  Apparently, the 7 ingredients varies by brand/maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment