Saturday, August 22, 2015

Recipe: Spiced Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust


  


Spiced Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust  (Marcus Samuelsson recipe)
Food and Wine Magazine, Nov 2014, p. 84
4 stars

This is a pie that I need to make again in the fall.  It was good; however, I think it needs more cheddar in the crust for the cheese flavor to come through.  Also, I don't think it takes 50 min + 15 to 20 min to bake.  I pulled the pie out of the oven early, and the crust still seemed to be overbaked.

I'll update this post once I make this recipe again.

Crust ingredients:  all-purpose flour, sharp cheddar cheese, butter, kosher salt, ice water

Filling ingredients:  tart apples, light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cardamom, salt, ground cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter


No comments:

Post a Comment