Sunday, August 30, 2015

Recipe: Key Lime Pie

I forgot to take a photo of the pie by itself;
here it is cropped out of another photo.

Key Lime Pie (Andrew Zimmern's recipe)
People Magazine
5 stars

I saw this recipe in People Magazine recently and thought I'd give it a try -- I'd never made key lime pie before.  It was super easy!!!!  If you like key lime pie, make this;  you'll never need to order it from a restaurant again.

Ingredients:  graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar, butter, egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, Kosher salt, whipping cream, key lime or lime slices for garnish

Tips:
  • I'd make more graham cracker crust than what is called for.  I didn't have enough crust, and as you can see the filling filled up the pie plate to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment