|You know you've cooked a lot . . .|
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Mushrooms
We literally cooked up a storm last night -- there were pots and pans everywhere!
- Thomas Keller's roast chicken recipe (without the bed of root vegetables) - always delicious
- Salt-and-Pepper Biscuits (Bon Appetit Magazine - Nov 2013, p.128 with photo on p.126)
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Chanterelles (Bon Appetit Magazine - Nov 2013, p.139 with photo on p.138)
- Homemade vanilla ice cream with mint chocolate chips
The biscuits and Brussels sprouts recipes were new for us, and they both get huge thumbs up.
The Salt-and-Pepper Biscuits were absolutely delicious. It was my first time making biscuits from scratch, and it was so easy -- something I'll be able to whip up anytime (and in 30 min max) as long as I have sour cream and heavy cream in house. There are only 9 ingredients in this recipe: sour cream, heavy cream, baking powder, kosher salt, sugar, black pepper, flour, butter, sea salt.
We modified the Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Chanterelles recipe, and it turned out great:
- Used baby bella mushrooms instead of chanterelles
- Roasted the Brussels sprouts with my roast chicken instead of grilling them
- Didn't use all of the bacon fat to cook the mushrooms, shallot and garlic (it would've been way too greasy)
I can't wait to eat the leftovers this week. Tonight we're going to try the Thai Beef with Basil recipe (Bon Appetit - Nov 2013, p. 54).