I can't figure out where I got the Summer-Vegetable Farro Salad recipe that we made as a side to our Jenga Ribs. It's going to be a staple for us -- so delicious and healthy and takes only about 15 minutes to make.
Here's the recipe. . .
- Make 1 1/2 cup farro per instructions on the package. We use Trader Joe's 10 min farro and use broth instead of water to give the farro extra flavor.
- In a large bowl, toss the following:
- 2 Persian or small seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced (or remove the seeds from a regular cucumber and cut into chunks)
- 1 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/5 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, chives, basil and tarragon) -- we used chives and basil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- A tbsp or so of extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- When the farro is cool, add it to the bowl with vegetables and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of crumbled feta or goat cheese.