Thursday, September 20, 2012

Recipe: Cat Cora's Watermelon Gazpacho

Close-up of our gazpacho
with a dollop of sour cream
I'd been wanting to make a watermelon gazpacho all summer long and thought my opportunity had passed since it's September and the watermelons haven't been looking so good at the store.  We were at Central Market this past weekend, and yay. . .  the watermelons looked great -- beautiful red and ripe.

We decided to try this Watermelon Gazpacho recipe from Cat Cora's cookbook Cooking from the Hip. It may be one of her favorite recipes because it's mentioned many times in various articles and features online.

We made half the recipe;  left out the celery hearts and parsley and used sour cream instead of creme fraiche (I know, I know, they're not the same).   Two tips:  I think I'll use a little less onion next time and will dice up the vegetables more finely.  I should also probably make the dish 'correctly' and use the celery hearts, parsley and creme fraiche. 

Tonight, I'm going to try blending up our leftover gazpacho to try a non-chunky version of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment