2 good and simple recipes from Bon Appetit August 2011 that we had for dinner on Sunday.
Grilled Panzanella Tips
- If you have basil oil, that will cut time in the first step.
- I like spicy, so would consider using a serrano next time instead of a red jalapeno to give it more of a kick.
- I also added cucumber and olives to the salad.
Baltimore Crab Cake Tips
- Instead of eating the crab cake on Bibb lettuce, we ate them on a bun (w/lettuce).
- We cut the recipe in half and used 8 oz of crab meat which made 2 large cakes.
- There seemed to be something missing, so next time, we'll be making a spicy aioli sauce or adding something to give it a little more flavor.