Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Post (The Woman Who Ate Everything): Roasted Pork Loin Stuffed with Sage, Rosemary, and Garlic


Since I have too much sage growing in my garden, I cribbed this recipe (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Pork-with-Sage-Rosemary-and-Garlic-359649) from Epicurious. It uses pork loin, which is a relatively inexpensive but still tasty cut of meat. I bought the pork loin from Whole Foods, which generally carries pork that is markedly more tasty than other supermarket pork. I used a utility knife to make the initial incision through the center of the loin and a knife steel to poke a hole all the way through. I don't have a roasting pan, so I browned and roasted the loin in my All-Clad stainless steel saute pan. The only other variation was an inspiration from Julia Child's My Life in France, in which she comments that any pan sauce can be made from the crusty brown bits left over in the roasting pan. After removing the pork loin from the pan (I took it out a 125 degrees for a final resting temperature of 135 degrees), I dumped a liberal amount of vermouth (you can use any kind of alcohol, but I always have a bottle of vermouth in my fridge) to deglaze the pan, melted a pat of butter into the sauce, then strained it before saucing the pork loin directly. Voila.

No comments:

Post a Comment