Saturday, August 30, 2014

Recipe: Meyer Lemon Cream with Graham Crackers and Sea Salt


Meyer Lemon Cream with Graham Crackers and Sea Salt
Bon Appetit, February 2014, p. 41
4 stars

I wanted dessert but didn't want to try out a recipe that took more than 30 minutes to make.  I found this one, and while I'm not a huge fan of fruit desserts (I prefer chocolate!), I thought I'd give this a try since "active recipe time" was 20 min, and we already had graham crackers and heavy cream in the house.

This recipe turned out great.

(Photo above shows the dessert to be messy . . .  but note that we stopped a movie we were watching to quickly get dessert.  I didn't compose the dish at all.)

This recipe is SIMPLE!

Here is the ingredient list:  eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, unsalted butter, heavy cream, graham crackers, flaky sea salt

Tips:
  • I cooked the mixture for 9 minutes
  • We made whipped cream for the top


No comments:

Post a Comment