Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Recipe: Silky Zucchini Soup


Silky Zucchini Soup
Food and Wine Magazine, July 2014, p. 120
5 stars

I have to admit that I doubted Chef Grant Achatz's* recipe. The recipe calls for just 8 ingredients (which includes salt and pepper):

  1. Zucchini
  2. Garlic
  3. Onion
  4. Vegetable stock
  5. Butter
  6. Olive oil
  7. Salt
  8. Pepper

It was absolutely delicious, is very healthy and was so simple to make.  Our Vitamix played a part in this, producing a super silky yet creamy soup consistency.  I wish we had made the full recipe instead of half; I wanted more!

*Grant Achatz is the chef of Alinea in Chicago which has 3 Michelin stars.  Check out all of their accolades.  This is a restaurant I would love to dine at in the next few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment