Lark on the Park
What a huge disappointment. Great location, hip/contemporary interior, good drink menu, BUT . . .
- The worst service I've had in a long time.
- The restaurant was more than half empty on a Tuesday night, and yet it took over an hour to get our entrees. Note: We were a 4-top, not a large party. Our dining experience was 2 hours and 45 min.
- The server was unenthused; he didn't acknowledge me when I was seated (while waiting for the rest of the party) and wasn't helpful giving recommendations.
- The food is average and overpriced for what it is. Nothing was amazing. Flavors are all one-dimensional, bland. Plus:
- Two of us ordered scallops which had sand in them.
- One ordered the gnocchi which was underwhelming, and the peppercorn she bit into burned her throat.
- And don't fall for the Valhrona Dark Chocolate Frozen Souffle which we thought was going to be the highlight at the end of the meal.
- First of all, it should be spelled "macarons" -- I don't even remember seeing macarons on the dessert.
- We expected the dish to look or be presented like a souffle. It was basically a chocolate semifreddo cut into 2 triangles -- "souffle" is a complete misnomer.
Usually, I'll a try a restaurant three times before I say I'll never go back. Every restaurant can have a "bad" night; however, I'm going to pass on going back to this one. Too many elements were off that night.
Here is what we ordered:
- Antipasto Board: burrata, Prosciutto di Parma, roasted apricots, pistachios 13
- Curry Pillows: potato, onion, cilantro-ginger, radish 10
- Johnson's Farms Lettuces: fennel, radish, lemon, arbequina 8
- Seared Scallops: corn sformato, heirloom cherry tomatoes, pistou, opal basil 29
- Gnocchi alla Norma: roasted Japanese egglplant, heirloom tomatoes, garlic, ricotta salata 23
- Grilled Texas Hanger Steak: Homestead Mills blue polenta, oven roasted tomatoes, peperonata, poached egg 29
- Butterscotch Blondie Coupe: vanilla bean ice cream, blondies, butterscotch, chocolate sauce, toffee 9
- Valrhona Dark Chocolate Frozen Souffle: graham cracker macaroons, toasted marshmallow fluff, hot fudge 9