Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Recipe: Caprese Pasta



This dish doesn't have a recipe that I'm linking to since we threw it together on Friday night, and uh, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that it was inspired by a Buca di Beppo dish.  As I've mentioned before, I subscribe to at least 20 restaurant e-mail clubs for work purposes.  Buca di Beppo, in general, doesn't have the best food photography and I'm not a fan of their restaurant at all (their food is so bland); however, their Penne alla Caprese actually looked pretty good and fresh when I saw their e-mail come through on Friday!

Buca di Beppo's Penne alla Caprese

We created a dish for dinner with the same components, and it turned out great.
  • Sauteed some garlic and red pepper in olive oil and then added halved grape tomatoes.
  • Added cooked pasta to the pan.
  • Served it in a shallow bowl, topping it with diced fresh mozzarella, basil, black olives, fresh Parmesan, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt.


No comments:

Post a Comment