Monday, January 16, 2012

Recipe: Thai-Style Beef with Noodles


I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner on Saturday and went on to epicurious.com to get some ideas.  They have 'top-rated recipe' categories like 'Best Burger Recipes,' 'Best Chicken Recipes,' etc.  I found the following recipe under 'Best Steak Recipes' which sounded really delicious but wasn't as flavorful as it could be (but then, we really like BOLD flavors).

The recipe has potential but wasn't great as-is.  I think the meat needs to marinate longer (a couple of hours rather than 20 min), and my husband suggested adding more sugar and also ginger to the marinade.  Next time, I might add some other vegetables as well and more scallions and more Thai green-curry paste.  As you can see from the photo, we used Sriricha sauce which added spice and helped saved the dish.

We'll make it again, and I'll update this post with our additional recipe tweaks.

Thai-Style Beef with Noodles
http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/bestof/toprecipes/beststeakrecipes/recipes/food/views/Thai-Style-Beef-with-Noodles-241478

No comments:

Post a Comment