What's interesting to me is that food trucks aren't a new phenomenon. I've seen them at construction sites selling breakfast burritos, hot dogs, tacos -- and then, there's the ice cream truck that used to come around our neighborhood. It's just the aspect that the food is now gourmet.
There was gourmet food galore, and I wanted to try it all. I limited myself to just the following:
- Mac 'n Cheese Spring Rolls [interesting concept; really rich]
- Chairman Bao's Baked Bun w/Tender Pork Belly and Pickled Daikon [I'm not a huge fan of daikon, but the flavors melded so well together]
- Chairman Bao's Steamed Bun w/Braised Pork with Savoy Cabbage and Preserved Mustard Seeds [so delicious, with again, the flavors melding perfectly together -- there's a reason Chairman Bao's food truck had one of the longest lines]
- Cupskates' Gingerbread w/Lemon Frosting Cupcake
- Cupskates' Salted Caramel Cupcake
|Mac n' Cheese Spring Rolls w/Cheese Fondue|
|Chairman Bao's Steamed Bun: Braised Pork w/Savoy Cabbage and Preserved Mustard Seeds|
Chairman Bao's Baked Bun: Tender Pork Belly and Pickled Daikon
In short, it was an absolutely delicious meal that beats many of my fine dining experiences.