Sunday, September 18, 2011

If you like ginger, you'll like this drink

 
 
I'm on a ginger kick and had a Dark 'n Stormy cocktail that was a little different from the recipe below. The one I had included Gosling's Black Seal rum, lime juice, simple syrup, ginger puree and club soda.
 
Has anyone ever made ginger puree?  I think I'll try this recipe I found online:
 
About Dark 'n Stormies:
Dark 'n Stormy is the unofficial national drink of Bermuda. Gosling owns the trademark on the actual recipe, meaning you cannot use a different brand of rum and call it a Dark 'n Stormy.
 
There is a variation nicknamed the Light 'n' Stormy which uses 10 Cane, a light rum.
 
Ingredients
  • 2 oz Gosling's Black Seal rum
  • 3 oz Barritt's ginger beer
  • lime wedge for garnish if desired
Preparation
  1. Build the ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice cubes.
  2. Garnish with the lime wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment