I'm on a ginger kick and had a Dark 'n Stormy cocktail that was a little different from the recipe below. The one I had included Gosling's Black Seal rum, lime juice, simple syrup, ginger puree and club soda.
Has anyone ever made ginger puree? I think I'll try this recipe I found online:
About Dark 'n Stormies:
Dark 'n Stormy is the unofficial national drink of Bermuda. Gosling owns the trademark on the actual recipe, meaning you cannot use a different brand of rum and call it a Dark 'n Stormy.
There is a variation nicknamed the Light 'n' Stormy which uses 10 Cane, a light rum.
- 2 oz Gosling's Black Seal rum
- 3 oz Barritt's ginger beer
- lime wedge for garnish if desired
- Build the ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with the lime wedge.