Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Recipe: Garlicky Smashed Chickpeas with Corn


Bon Appetit Magazine, Oct 2021, p.20
4.8 stars

Super easy weeknight dish that was healthy! Nice layers of flavor but it's missing a crunch ~ something I wanted this evening. I'm trying to think of what could go with this that could add that texture.

Ingredients: eggs, chickpeas, onion, poblano chile, corn, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, Kosher salt, dill, cilantro

Tips/Notes:
  • May want to use a non-stick pan for the chickpeas -- but be careful smashing them as you don't want to scratch the pan. The chickpeas stuck to my stainless steel pan.
  • Used canned corn since we had a can of it -- could also use frozen
  • Used dried dill as I didn't want to buy fresh dill in case I didn't like the flavor it added -- it was fine; I probably should add more dried dill to see what it  really imparts to the flavor
  • Served with falafel (more chickpeas!) since I had them in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment