Sunday, November 6, 2016

Recipe: Instant Chocolate Cake (5 min Chocolate Cake when you're craving cake at 8pm)



Food Network
5 stars!!!

I often crave dessert after dinner and we'll have nothing, no dessert at all, in the house!  Sometimes we'll go out to get dessert, but last week I didn't want to go anywhere.  It was 8pm, and I just wanted to sit on the couch and hang out after a long day at work.  I thought about looking at UberEats or Postmates to see if I could get dessert delivered but instead. . . 

Instant Chocolate Cake recipe to the rescue.

8 ingredients, 2 minutes in the microwave.  Voila.  Dessert enough for 2 people!
See link above to the simple recipe from the Food Network.

Ingredients are things we almost always have in the house:  flour, sugar, cocoa powder, egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, salt.

The cake has a bit of a souffle-like texture which I loved.  I'd seen e-mails and Facebook posts about 'microwave mug cakes' and turned my nose up at those recipes.  Not anymore.  This is my 'in a pinch' chocolate cake recipe that I'm filing away.  Next time:  I'm adding chocolate chips (and maybe some peppermint extract) and pouring a chocolate ganache on top.  


No comments:

Post a Comment