Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Drink Recipe: Celery Tonic / Celery Martini


Celery Tonic (Celery Martini)
Bon Appetit, Sept 2014, p.54
5 stars

I'm always one to try new (and sometimes odd) food and drinks, and I love it when we have everything in the house to make random recipes that I come across.

This recipe is very celery-y as you can imagine but really interesting, refreshing and one of my favorite drinks to make.

Recipe:
  • Muddle 1 chopped celery stalk with 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 oz fresh lemon juice in a cocktail shaker, 1 minute.
  • Add 2 oz. gin, fill shaker with ice, and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds.
  • Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with a lemon twist.
As you can see from my photo, I made it into a beautiful cool green martini. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment