Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Recipe: Christina Tosi's Caramel Apple & Pretzel Pie


Caramel Apple & Pretzel Pie
People Magazine, Jan 26, 2015, p. 106
4 stars

I saw this recipe from Christina Tosi (chef and founder of Milk Bar) in People Magazine.  I was shocked that the recipe calls for a can of apple pie filling, but I suppose she was trying to simplify this recipe for the masses.  For an easy homemade dessert to take to a cookout, I'd make this again.  I'd consider using caramel instead of butterscotch (or maybe both!) for the topping.

Ingredients:

  • Crust:  pretzel crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, dark brown sugar, kosher salt, heavy cream
  • Filling:  butter, white chocolate chips, heavy cream, vanilla extract, egg yolk, flour, kosher salt, canned apple pie filling
  • Topping:  butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment