Trinity Groves in Dallas
As with most restaurants in Dallas, Chino Chinatown's food was ok. Average. Not outstanding or so amazing that I need to go back. (And note that I didn't go in with high expectations. . .)
- Duck Fat Fries: Our favorite thing that we ordered. Yucca can be stringy, but these fries were great -- I think it was pureed yucca that was formed and then fried.
- Steam Buns: Fine, like the buns I've had everywhere else
- YellowTail Hamachi: Fine, nothing amazing about it
- Duck Fat Fried Rice: Fine, nothing to write home about
- Drunken Noodles: Probably the most disappointing food item we ordered. The noodles didn't seem to take on the flavor of everything else in the dish. I've had similar dishes that were better at most hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurants.
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee: The worst Vietnamese iced coffee we've had -- not strong enough; tasted like watered down coffee with a strange aftertaste.
- Evita Peron Cocktail (Broker's Gin, Genepy des Alpes, jalapeno oleo, lime): Not too sweet and good balance of flavors, but not worth $11
- The Good, The Bad, The Weird Cocktail (Sauza 901 tequila, Pu Ehr tea, lime, aguardiente): Same as above