This Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Salad recipe from Cooking Light (July 2013, p.134) is a keeper. We don't receive the Cooking Light Magazine, and I'm usually not a huge fan because their recipes often don't have enough flavor, but this one is GREAT, and we'll definitely be making it again as a quick weeknight meal. Instead of having this as a salad, we had this for dinner as our main entrée over rice.
- We love garlic and so added extra
- We doubled the amount of red and yellow tomatoes
- Instead of Spanish chorizo, we used Andouille sausage
- Next time, we're not going to add as much lemon juice -- didn't think it was needed
- Added the basil at the very end