I usually make rice in a rice cooker, but here's their recipe for making it on the stove.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic; saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice; cook 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 3/8 teaspoon of salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice.
- Stir in parsley and black pepper.