Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Recipe: Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing


Last night, we tried out Food and Wine Magazine's "Best First Course Salad" recipe from British chef Jamie Oliver -- Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing.  It was originally published in their Sept 2008 issue but then was republished recently in their Best-Ever Recipe issue (p. 58. . .  I can't tell which issue it was since I tore the recipe out of the magazine, but it was from the past 4 months).

It was a really nice salad, but note that you must love cumin since the cumin flavor really comes through! 

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but it still turned out great . . .
  • I left out:
    • Fresh chile de arbol since none of the stores I went to had it
    • Ciabatta bread
    • Baby arugula
    • Roasted sunflower seeds (which we could've added because I found a small package in our pantry after-the-fact)
  • Didn't toss the avocados and the greens because I didn't want the avocados to break apart and get mushy
  • The carrots had enough flavor from the cumin dressing, so instead of tossing them in the citrus dressing, I tossed the greens with the dressing.
I would definitely make this again for a dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment