Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Recipe: Peppermint Cookies

My new favorite cookie recipe
Need an amazing cookie recipe for your Holiday Cookie Exchange?  I made these scrumpulicious cookies last night (90 of them!).  Note that these are not for non-chocolate or non-peppermint lovers. 

My recipe is adapted from the Chocolate Mint Cookies recipe on allrecipes.com, but I made a few major changes:

  • Instead of 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips . . . I used 1.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 0.5 cups of mint chocolate chips.
  • Instead of using a mint wafer candy and allowing it to melt on the top. . . I melted some mint chocolate chips over a double boiler and then spooned some chocolate over each cookie.
  • Lastly, I added crushed peppermint on top.
One batch of this dough makes about 45 medium-sized cookies.

Happy Holidays!





1 comment: