Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Recipe: Dark Chocolate Caramel Panna Cotta

No time to 'style' this photo
since it was dessert time!
Looking for a decadent, impressive-looking but easy chocolate dessert to make when guests come over during the holidays?  Try this Dark Chocolate Caramel Panna Cotta recipe from allrecipes.com.  If anything, try the caramel portion of the recipe -- I think it's the best caramel recipe I've made.

I deviated from the recipe a little bit, so here are a few notes:
  • Instead of using twelve 2-ounce shot glasses (that's so small, like 2 bites???), I used four martini glasses.
  • Rather than alternating the chocolate and caramel, I only made 2 layers -- chocolate on the bottom, caramel on the top.
  • I added raspberries for color.  Apparently, the owner of D Magazine would agree according to this blog post:  Wick Allison's Raspberry Secret Is Out

No comments:

Post a Comment