Sunday, December 9, 2012

Recipe: Braised Chicken with Apples and Calvados

Every so often, I come across a recipe that takes a ton of time and yet the results are ok and the dish doesn't look anything like the beautifully photographed and styled dish in the magazine.

I made the Braised Chicken with Apples and Calvados recipe in Food and Wine Magazine's October 2012 issue (recipe on p. 196, photo on p.176).

If you have the magazine, look at the photo -- it looks lovely.  My dish looked brown.  Yeah, it was just brown, brown, brown, and my sauce wasn't a nice glaze but more of a soupy mush.  I thought it tasted fine but didn't realize that hubby doesn't care for cooked apples with meat, so I probably won't be making this one again.

If any of you make this recipe, let me know how yours turns out!  Also, I have caraway seeds and Calvados for those of you I know personally if you need any for the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment