Chow.com or MarthaStewart.com
Made these for the first time -- GREAT recipe! Found it online on marthastewart.com; it's courtesy of Jennifer Shea, owner of Trophy Cupcakes.
- The cake itself isn't super sweet which is good because all of the other ingredients add the sweetness. (So, I wouldn't actually use the cake recipe for cake alone.)
- Next time, I may add a little less butter to the graham cracker crust.
- Adding the boiling water to the batter does make the batter very watery, but that's ok!
- For some of the cupcakes, I added some sea salt and a pinch of chipotle chile powder -- was delicious and gave an added dimension like the Spicy, Smoky S'mores Bars that I make.
- Don't overfill the cupcakes liners. They will rise and then go over the rim and be hard to remove from the muffin tin (esp. since the cake is so moist/sticky).
- For the marshmallow fluff, make it the DAY-OF serving. It will become really soft (soft peaks) and not be very stiff. You cannot re-whip the the frosting.
- Beware of the paper cupcake liners catching fire when torching/toasting the marshmallow.
- As you can see above, I made a dessert (instead of cupcakes) using the recipe as well.