It simply involves:
- mixing extra-virgin olive oil, chopped up cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, a shallot, basil and salt & pepper
- putting it in a sealed parchment paper package (en papillote) to bake
- and then spooning it over baked or grilled polenta
A few issues with this recipe:
- There's way too much garlic in it. 7 thinly sliced garlic cloves?!?
- The tomato juice sauce runs everywhere because it's not thickened. (I guess you can spoon up the juice and drink it?)
- The polenta needs to be seasoned with salt before grilling or baking it.
The idea of the recipe is good (plus, it's very healthy), but it just didn't come together for me as one that we'll do again.