Monday, April 28, 2014

Recipe: Beatty's Chocolate Cake from Ina Garten


I used my super fun Nordic Ware Mini Tiered Cakelet pan that I got for Christmas for the first time and prayed that 1) the cake batter that I never had made before would be good and 2) that the cake would come out of the pan.  We were bringing these over to our friends' house, so if it didn't work out, the backup plan was to create a crumbled up cake trifle for dessert.

But my worries were for naught.  It turned out perfectly!!!

I'd been on a mission to find a GREAT (meaning phenomenal) chocolate cake batter recipe, and I found it.  I Googled "best chocolate cake recipe," and Beatty's Chocolate Cake courtesy of Ina Garten came up in the search results.  With 1,825 reviews and 5 stars, I was pretty confident that it'd be good -- except for the fact that I was using a (new) cakelet pan, not 2 round cake pans so I wasn't sure how long to bake the cakes.

Tips:

  • Using my cakelet pan, it took the same amount of time to bake as the recipe calls for
  • The batter filled the cakelet pan plus 7 cupcake liners
  • The batter was very watery -- but that's why the cake is so moist!
  • The top of the cake is a bit sticky (but again, very moist)
  • We did not make the chocolate frosting;  made chocolate ganache instead as you can see
This recipe is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment