Saturday, August 18, 2012

Drink Recipe: Blueberry Ginger Cocktail

This is my new drink of choice -- and I feel "healthy" drinking it because it has blueberries which are full of antioxidants.  Ginger is supposed to be good for you too.

  • Take about a 1/4 cup of frozen wild blueberries (or regular blueberries), thaw them and place them in a glass.
  • Add 1 1/2 oz of light rum
  • Add a teaspoon of light brown sugar (you can omit this if you want to cut down on the sugar)
  • Fill the glass with ice
  • Top with Ginger Beer -- I recommend the Fever Tree brand
  • Squeeze a little lemon on top
  • Pour back and forth into a mixing tin or another glass
Enjoy!

I've also tried this with dark rum and dark brown sugar which give the drink a richer and deeper flavor which I like as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment