Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Check Your Phone at the Door in Exchange for 5% Off Your Bill



Would you check your phone at the door of a restaurant in exchange for 5% off your bill?

Half the restaurant patrons at Eva Restaurant in L.A. do.

Owner and chef Mark Gold says, "For us, it's really not about people disrupting other guests. Eva is home, and we want to create that environment of home, and we want people to connect again.  It's about two people sitting together and just connecting, without the distraction of a phone, and we're trying to create an ambiance where you come in and really enjoy the experience and the food and the company."

I understand his point but still wouldn't check my phone at the door.  I like having it with me; plus, I often take photos of my food (don't worry, I do it discreetly and not at all at fine dining establishments).

L.A. restaurants pay customers to put away their phones


No comments:

Post a Comment