Sunday, February 5, 2012

Starbucks Hot Cocoa, Cake Pop Mix and Blonde Roast



All right, everyone knows how much I love Starbucks, but three of their products I've tried recently haven't been stellar.  I think they needed some more research and feedback from their consumer insights team!

Starbucks Hot Cocoa
I didn't realize Starbucks sold hot cocoa in retail, so when I saw the 'toasted marshmallow' flavor on the shelf at Target (by the way, it's described as rich, velvety cocoa with fluffy, handcrafted marshmallow minis), I had to try it.

My description:  blunt, not sweet, anemic on chocolate flavor, really tiny marshmallows, and where's the toasted flavor?

Starbucks Cake Pop Mix
I received the cake pop mix for Christmas and made them yesterday with one of my friends.  Well, they were good, but really, you don't need the mix to make cake pops (or cake balls for that matter).  For those who don't bake very much, want a nice package with everything in it and haven't made cake pops before, this kit is perfect.  Note:  I don't think each cake pop is worth 230 precious calories.

Starbucks New Blonde Roast
Supposedly a lighter flavor, I don't think it is.  It tastes similar to Pike Place Roast.  Or, maybe the barista gave me the wrong coffee.  I'll try it again a few more times before I decide if I like it.

1 comment:

  1. About Blonde Roast. . . the barista did give me the wrong coffee because I went to Starbucks during lunch today and asked to try Pike Place and Blonde Roast side-by-side. The Blonde Roast is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter. I like it!

    ReplyDelete