Thursday, February 23, 2012

Restaurant: Marquee Grill in Dallas


My new favorite bar in Dallas is Marquee Grill at Highland Park Village.  Note: It's a restaurant, but I LOVE the bar area.  The menu features new American cuisine from Executive Chef Tre Wilcox.  If his name sounds familiar to you, he was on Season 3 of Top Chef and has appeared on Iron Chef America.

About Marquee Grill and why it's fabulous:
  • The food is friendly and complex (and I think it's so much better than the food at Fearing's and Stephan Pyles).
  • The cocktail list is one of the best I've seen if you like complex classic cocktails.  My favorite is called 'Autumn Sonata' which has gin, poached pear puree, lemon juice and port wine.  I've ordered it there every time.
  • I could eat dessert there every day.  The 'Marquee Chocolate Tart' in the photo above has caramel popcorn and salted butter ice cream that will change your life forever.  The chocolate has different 3 different textures ~ denser cake, a lighter cake, and a hard chocolate ganache shell on top that you have to break like with creme brulee.  We did try the 'Chocolate and Chile' dessert which is bittersweet chocolate cake, guajillo ganache and red corn tortilla ice cream.  My favorite part was the ice cream which was, well, interesting;  the cake wasn't anything to write home about and was a little too light and bland for me.
  • The environment is cool and trendy but not overly pretentious -- and there's great people watching.  The patio upstairs overlooks Highland Park Village that still has lights in the trees, so it's lovely. 
  • There is plenty of parking, and you can go shopping before or after stopping by the restaurant.
If you ever want to go, let me know and I'll meet you there!  I want to go there for brunch one day and get their bacon & waffles.
http://marqueegrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment