Green Curry with Brown Rice Noodles and Swiss Chard
Bon Appetit Magazine, Nov 2016, p. 66
My first green curry from scratch! This was pretty good and flavorful but didn't quite have the oomph as other curries I've had in restaurants. Perhaps it's because I 'healthied' it up by using lite coconut milk and I didn't add one of the ingredients (green peppercorns in brine).
I'd make this again unless I find another recipe to try out.
Ingredients: thin brown rice noodles, cilantro, mint, swiss chard, scallions, garlic, green Thai chiles, ginger, green peppercorns in brine, ground tumeric, coconut oil, unsweetened coconut milk, lime juice, lime wedges, lemongrass stalk, coconut sugar or honey, Kosher salt
- Couldn't find green peppercorns in brine so didn't add them.
- Couldn't find Thai chiles so added red pepper instead; will add a jalapeno or serrano next time.
- Used regular thin rice noodles instead of brown rice noodles.
- Added tofu after the swiss chard.
- Needed a bit of salt to bring out the flavor.
- Took more than 25-30 min to reduce; allow up to 45 min.
- Next time, use less water -- perhaps 2 cups instead which might cut down on the cooking reduction time.
- This makes more than 4 servings (maybe 6-8 depending on portion size?).
- Would be great over rice.