Sunday, February 2, 2014

Recipe: Man-Whore Bars

Yes, you read that correctly.  Man-Whore Bars.  Fellow blog contributor the grandcruman (ok, he hasn't contributed in over a year!) posted this recipe on Facebook.  I saw it, and I made them to take with us on our ski trip last week (to avoid paying $4 for a mediocre cookie at the top of the mountain) -- but I tweaked the recipe.  Here's the recipe on Bakers Royale's site.

While these were good, they weren't as amazing as the Brownie-Reese's Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars that I made before which were more decadent and satisfying for us chocoholics.

Next time, I may switch out the cookie layer for a brownie layer.

1st layer: chocolate chip cookie dough.
I used the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the back
of the chocolate chip bag -- but without the nuts.
2nd layer:  16 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups chopped up
3rd layer:  Oreo Cookies chopped up
4th layer:  chocolate ganache
5th layer:  Rice Krispies treats

The finished product!  Check out the layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment