Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recipe: Spinach Gnocchi with Shaved Ricotta Salata

I had never made gnocchi before (the recipes usually look really long and have a lot of steps), so when I saw the Spinach Gnocchi with Shaved Ricotta Salata recipe in Food & Wine Magazine's April 2013 issue (photo is on p.135, recipe is on p.133), I thought I'd give it a shot because it looked easy. 

It was a disaster!  I don't even want to post a photo of how it turned out because it looked so awful.  A KEY step to the recipe is to wring the daylight out of the spinach before puree-ing it.  I thought I didn't get enough water out of it because I ended up with 2 cups of spinach puree (not one), and while not drying out the spinach enough was probably a big issue . . . more than that, the recipe is apparently flawed because 2 other people had the exact same problems that I did.  (See the comments at the recipe link above.)  I wish I had read their review before making this.

I would not recommend making this recipe, and this is the 2nd time a Food and Wine Magazine recipe has completely failed me. 

I'm not happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment