|Our single (not double) cheeseburger|
with caramelized onions
The Fourth of July. . . you have to have a burger (or a hot dog), right?!
I had flagged the 'Double Cheeseburgers with Caramelized Onions' recipe in Food and Wine Magazine's June 2012 issue (p. 32), and only upon closer reading, realized that this is a recipe from Chef Ron Boyd who works at Daniel Patteson's Plum in Oakland, CA. Plum is a wonderful restaurant that I dined at and blogged about back in September.
After making this burger and the Triple Smoke Burger , I just can't bring myself to order a burger in a restaurant anymore. These recipes are out of this world, seriously, and beat any restaurant burger I've ever had. Try them and you'll understand why.
For this recipe:
- We left out the cornichons and the fresh flat-leaf parsley, but I think we should include them next time to add additional flavor dimensions.
- As you can see from the photo, we made these with single, not double patties. (Trying to be healthy!)
- We grilled the burgers instead of cooking them on a griddle.
- We used just a little EVOO -- the 1/4 cup isn't necessary.
- The fresh brioche buns and the mix of cheese along with the paprika mayonnaise make this burger incredible.