Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipe: Asian Salmon Bowl with Lime Drizzle



We wanted fish for dinner this evening, so yesterday I searched epicurious.com, and under their Quick & Easy recipe section, this recipe for Asian Salmon Bowl with Lime Drizzle came up that was rated 4 forks by 2 reviewers.  I was a little wary of the recipe because 1) there were only 2 reviews and 2) it's attributed to SELF magazine. (While I believe in cooking and eating healthy foods, I don't usually cook recipes from 'health' type magazines because their recipes seem to always cut out significant flavor or texture -- and they tend to use low fat/fat-free and artificial sweeteners which I refuse to use.) 

This recipe turned out quite nicely and was definitely FAST and healthy.

Tips:
  • Because we love spice, I added double the amount of red pepper flakes. 
  • Instead of 4 salmon fillets, I bought one large fillet, so it took longer than 12 minutes to cook.
  • I used butter to cook the spinach instead of canola oil.  Butter makes everything better!
  • We had white sesame seeds on hand, so I used those instead of buying black sesame seeds.
Enjoy!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Asian-Salmon-Bowl-with-Lime-Drizzle-51101210

No comments:

Post a Comment